Product reviews and demos

Hey Everyone, 

So I've been buying a lot of products lately for T-Shirt design. Mainly to see what is out there on the general retail market for the everyday consumer so to avoid the endless hours of online combing for the lowest wholesale market specific prices and vendors.

As far as the garments go, I've only used one vendor so far out of New Jersey. Their shipping was extremely fast and product overall was a 9 out of 10 . Sizing is very good especially for the plus sizes that run long to accommodate for belly room in the shirt. 

I've been buying some 8.5 x 11 glitter heat transfer sheets made by Tulip Brand. Retail wise they run you 14.99 and you get 4 sheets per package and they have 3 different color packages to choose from. I've been mainly using the Urban pack which is has Purple, Pink, Multi Silver and Aqua sheets. I've been using my Cricut Personal to cut out my designs from the sheets then weed my design ( take away the excess material) then place and heat press using my iron.
Tulip Fashion Glitter Shimmer Transfer Sheets

Instructions.
*Cutting these glitter sheets on a cricut machine you want to place the shiny poly side down and the backing side up. set the blade dial to 3. your speed to 2 and your pressure to 2 and cut. NOTE: make sure your images are cut in reverse or flipped so that when you put it on the garment it's facing the right way.
*Weed your image.
*Place image on shirt, have iron at the highest setting usually COTTON, no steam. If using a pressing sheet ( silicon or wax paper ) keep iron moving over the whole design do not let it stay in one place for a long period of time because the poly sheet is not heat resistant and will shrink and melt. This is the only CON to the product. also you want to make sure you do a 10 second count and peel hot to warm. full cooling will cause the adhesive on the poly sheet to really stick to the garment and may cause the glitter transfer to pull off.
 This is an example of the Aqua Glitter Sheet

The next product I've used is Foil transfer sheets. This product is applied using adhesive with the option of heat. So far I've purchased 4 brands and have only used 2 out of the 4 since I've just recently purchased the other 2.

June's Tones Foils ( they also sell adhesive) one that I've already tried.
This Product comes in a few forms. you can get a 16pc value kit with different types of foils that are 6x12in sheets for around $13. You can also buy by the sheet 6x12in or 12x12in and a 12in x 50ft roll ( best value) as low as $31.20. I haven't seen this product in stores and I've just ordered directly from the company's website.
The cross bones are the Junes Tones Rainbow foil. I used Heat & Bond cut out shapes as my adhesive.


Simply Screen Foil Sheets by Plaid. ( they also sell adhesive) second I've tried
This product comes in a 6 sheet pack of 8x11 sheets for 9.99 but I haven't seen them in the stores anymore which has caused me to look at other products of the same type

Martha Stewart Crafts Foil Sheets ( adhesive also available ) not yet tried
This products comes in a set of 6 sheets you get 3 different colors in each package. There are 3 different color sets to choose from as well. The sheets are 6x7in and sells for 9.99 - 11.49. So far I've only been able to find the at Michaels.

YUDU Foil Sheets by Provo Craft ( adhesive also available ) not yet tried
This product comes in a set of 6 sheets and 2 colors in each package. There are 5 different color sets to choose from. Each sheet is 12x16in and sells for around 9.99. I haven't seen these in store yet. Jo-Ann's website does carry them you can also find a few online retailers or directly from Provo Craft. 

Martha Stewart Crafts also has a line of Glitter transfer sheets at the 6x7in size but you need adhesive for this. And she has a line of Flocking which again you need adhesive.

Provo Craft also carries Flocking sheets and you'll need adhesive to do the transferring over to your garment. These run you alil more price wise and you only get 4 sheets in a pack and 2 colors with 5 different color sets to choose from. Same sizing on sheet 12x16in. 

Once I test the rest of these products I'll post pictures and instructs on how I use them and do a "bang for your buck" comparison on everything. My next step is to get the actual heat transfer vinyl, glitter and flocking that does not need adhesive you just cut, weed and press. The products listed above you have to take and extra step.


My suggestion is that if you do decide to purchase these or any of the products that are carried in major crafting retail chains is to keep an eye out for coupons usually you'll find 40% - 50% off ones for Jo-Ann's, AC Moore and Michael's

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Fans