Dec 12th Updates

Hey Peoples :)

OK, so what kinda news do I have for you today? Let's see, well I'm gonna post some links to things I feel people should check out. And I'm gonna tell you about the progress of some things I'm working, plus some other random stuff going on in my life. So let's get started shall we.

I guess I'll start off with some (Works in Progress).

  • Top down Raglan sweater. This one is about a child's size Small/Med. I'm knitting it in a Blueish/Lavender color and I've decided to add a lace pattern to the front of the sweater just below the chest. This is the lace pattern I've decided to use Orca Tails , just adapted to fit the sweater. The pics below show the sweater at It's early stages. I'm more the a 3rd down the body of the sweater already but have set the project aside to take a break from it for a moment.
 
  • Neck Cowl / Short Scarf. This item is for a friend. He's been eying this thing for sometime from a Knit Wear designer he saw on face book, so I took a look at the thing to see how it was made and constructed and saw that it was really basic and offered to make him one because , well I wanted to and I just so happen to have the colors and type of yarn it was made in. Down below shows a pic of the item , not the one I'm doing but the original and I'll post links to their sites. 
  • abhaya fibers on facebook 
  • abhaya fibers on Etsy 
  • abhaya fibers Blog 

 So I guess now onto the music aspect of things. I've finished my mixes for World's Away by Aiden Leslie ( Facebook ) Still working on mixes for Tyler Jacob's song"Cry No More" ( Facebook , Official Site )
"Party of the Year" Jipsta ft Sandy B is finally out and doing well got news that we made #2 Breakout on the Billboard Dance Charts. This is a song I produced ( Diva Nation ) for him early in 2009 that's finally seeing the light of day. Oh and I'm also working on stuff for Mila Jam.

OK so now on to the Links YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!

  • Very Pink Knits ( Website , Youtube ) I love this lady. The tutorials on her youtube page are GREAT, I couldn't recommend a better place to find videos on hand knitting patterns online. The cool thing is she doesn't really give you the actual patterns or measurements in the video she just helps you work through her patterns that are available for purchase on her site. I got hooked (no pun) when I saw her Socks videos. SOOOOOOO great. 
  • Diana L. Sullivan ( Youtube , Blog ) I came across Diana's sites through Ravelry. I'm on a BOND sweater machine knitting group on there and she posted a link to her BLOG which also contains the videos she has on her Youtube page. Very helpful stuff and so useful too. Go take a look. 
This is basically all the stuff that's going on for me right now. I have to give my sister a ring tomorrow while I'm thinking about it. I'm supposed to house sit for her over Christmas while her and her hubby travel. My mom was supposed to do it but unfortunately she passed away the Friday after Thanksgiving. So my sister asked me to do it and I gladly said yes. I'm still trying to find a job but I think the hunt is going to have to wait till after the holidays. I really want to work again. Being broke and not being able to help the hubby out with the bills really sucks and is getting me down. Hopefully the darkness will pass and the light will once shine again but for now it's just 1 day at a time. The House cleaning is still a slow and steady process but it's getting done. I started on the living room but I think what I wanna do next is tackle the basement so that anything that needs to be moved down there can be . I'm going to concur this house if it kills me. I really want a CLEAN house to live in for once. Well I guess that's it then for now . Till next time :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Powered by Blogger.

Fans